9000 btu split system

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by beau, Jul 25, 2019.

1. beau

beau New Member

Replacing a 12 year old FHP EM09 split system and can't find a replacement. Anyone know of a manufacture that makes one that small?

2. JD B

JD B New Member

Pioneer; Senville; Gree; Cooper and Hunter.... there are a fair few out there. Try Amazon search for 9000 btu mini split. I've been thinking mini split for my library - encouraging to see a 12 year old life on a unit.

3. beau

beau New Member

To clarify, I am looking for a ducted water to air 9000 btu unit.

4. JD B

JD B New Member

Sorry about that - my head was elsewhere. Bosch bought out Florida Heat Pump and still has some .5 unit lines and 3/4 units. However, the link below has manuals/info on the EM splits that might help you find repair parts if the unit isn't completely gone. Mill Pond Geo may be able to offer advice on comparable replacements as they claim "Bosch-FHP Geothermal Heat Pump Distributors for 40 Years!" They likely sold/installed units like yours.

While as a mini split 12 years seemed pretty decent - as a geo unit its a bit short lived. My Command Aire is 31 and runs good and there appears to be a fair number of them out there still running, which led to bigger names buying them out and dumping the line. FHP clearly let you down.

http://millpondmech.net/document-archive---fhpbosch-discontinued-models---manuals--specs.html