7 years of faithfull service

Discussion in 'Geothermal Heat Pump Testimonials' started by waterpirate, Jun 11, 2014.

1. waterpirate

waterpirate Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

After 7 years of faithfull service my FHP 036 finnaly got its first visit from a professional. The powerhead went out on the ecm motor. I wish my vehicles had that kind of service record!
    Eric

2. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

Nice Eric. My truck has been faithful, but it may be time to retire.......need a new pick-up tax credit....

3. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

Tough luck Eric.

Joe, I hope you put tires on that truck since I saw it last.

Mark

4. AMI Contracting

Couple times. And I need more LOL. Hit 2 deer this winter blew a tire (which jacked the rear fender up). Bought a grill and bumper gaurd on the cheap, not gonna pay $80 for a new Ford emblem. At 225kmiles just dunno I wanna fix it, but enough about me........this is Eric's thread

5. Mark Custis

I talked to Eric a bit this evening. He is still trying to get a motor. I'll find one and have it shipped to his front porch if needed. Joe we bought a new truck and sold the monster home.

Mark

6. waterpirate

As usual, one mans woes are another mans well worn truck. Pun intended. I have a call in to a dealer in NJ and will report back what the damages for said power head will really be. Does the brain trust reccomend replacing the motor as well, or just the power head?

As a side bar, I have had several trucks over the years but I can not seem to let go of my 1987 chevy short bed 4x4. She has 368,000 miles and is showing her age, like me. But I can not let go.
    Eric

7. Mark Custis

Good friends are hard to come by, hold them dear.

Keep me in the inside loop I am a FHP/Bosch dealer.

Mark

8. waterpirate

Thank you Mark, I do indeed value them more than I ever did in my youth. I have been teaching at the local college for 14 years now. I really enjoy it.

I will call you this pm with an update.
    Eric

9. AMI Contracting

Just the head is fine. It's going to be pricey enough.

10. waterpirate

The guys @ millpond mechanical sales in NJ saved my bacon again! They are having a motor and head drop shiped from Bosch to my door! Plug and play for the driller is allways good when messing with the inside widgets!
    Eric

11. Mark Custis

All is well that ends well.

Thanks for the teaching insight.

Keep me posted on the install.

Mark

12. waterpirate

Well the motor and powerhead arrived today!. After placing a quick call to our very own Mark Custis for some R&R advice, the entire swap took all of 30 minutes. The relocation of the brown wire that a service tech had removed, took about 1.5 hours to sort out. With all that behind me, Mrs. Pirate is as happy as can be!

Total damages for the ecm motor and power head combo+overnight shipping from Fla. was in the $650.00 range. If I get amother 7 years out of it, I will be happy still!
    Eric