Help with Desuperheater Pump Electrical Connectons

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Moses, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Moses

Moses New Member

I am a consumer with a GeoComfort 4 Ton 2-stage closed-loop system with a desuperheater. The installer is terrible about returning calls or servicing my system. I have had to call another contractor to replace the contactor last year.

I just realized that the desuperheater pump electrical wires were never connected and I have missed out on the savings for 2 years. Enertech's Tech support sent me a manual stating that the water circulation pump comes pre-mounted in all residential units, but must be electrically connected to the master contactor. I am hesitant because the contactor is 240V and I think that the desuperheater pump is 120 volt.

Can anyone tell me where to connect these 2 red wires coming from the desuperheater pump?

Thanks!!

Ben

2. Bergy

Bergy Member Forum Leader

What's the model number of the unit? Also, BEFORE you start the Desuperheater make sure the piping is correct AND the water lines are flushed and filled with water.

Bergy

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  3. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Active Member Forum Leader

Look at the ass end of the pump. There should be a manufacturer's plate that will show the voltage.

There will also be a drawing, usually glued to the door, that will show where the wires go.

I am not to impressed with the fellow that changed the contractor.

If you need more send me a PM.

Bergy is correct make sure everything is filled with water.

Mark

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  4. engineer

engineer Active Member Forum Leader

Mark,

Do you disdain the fellow that changed the contactor?

or the fellow that changed the contractor ?

Moses - Heed well Bergey's advice (Mark's too).

5. Bergy

Bergy Member Forum Leader

Hello?... Did Ben get abducted by aliens?

6. Moses

Moses New Member

I was abducted but not by aliens. I was called out of town until last night. I really appreciate all of your input. This looks like a great forum.

Long story short, I didn't call the last guy back because I don't want any more flames down there.

The pump is mounted so that I can's see the plate/label. I decided to hook the 2 wires to the fused contacts where the flow center is connected. I first connected it as 120V and it was moving warm water but not as good as expected. I later found out that the pump is 240V so I connected it to 240 and immediately produced the desired results. It would be nice if the documentation was a bit more clear.

7. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Active Member Forum Leader

Bergy:

He could be dead in the basement from using fingers instead of an electric meter.

Curt:

I am sorry in my maturity that I can not see anything shorter than Danny DiVeto. Spell check and I do mot get along. Most days I can out think it. Since it is so smart I tend to that the top choice, at least the wrong word was spelled correctly.

ROFLMAO.

Mark