We installed a geothermal DX system last fall from Earth Source Energy Solutions. They purchased the patents for their design from American Geothermal and is very similar to their model.
Since installation, the heat pump is producing proper temperatures both to and from the field (the field is 12 vertical copper loops - each 65 feet down - arranged in a checkerboard pattern).
The issue is that our electric bills to run the heat pump have been extremely high - on the order of $650 per month during the coldest months. The unit draws about 37 amps during normal operation - the system is a 5-ton unit. We have an electricity meter connected directly to the heat pump so we know exactly how much electricity the unit is drawing. The Earth Source engineers are having a hard time determining what is wrong with the system. We replaced the air handler with a slightly larger unit (5.5 ton) as it was thought the coil was too small and thus a constraint on the system. The larger coil did relieve some pressure but did not reduce electricity usage at all in the heat pump.
Our house is a 3000 sq ft old victorian-style with 3 floors and a basement. Each floor is a separate zone with no heating in the basement.
If anyone has experience with the Earth Source geothermal DX heat pumps or with the American Geothermal heat pumps, please contact me. We would like to resolve our electricity usage issues before next winter!